Changes in Georgia's Coast
Students will see how Georgia's coastline is constantly changing and that the marsh and coastal ecosystems are vital to the barrier islands and need protecting. Students will learn how the Civil War impacted Savannah and Georgia's barrier islands.
- How has the use of lighthouses on Georgia’s barrier islands changed over time?
- How has the use of the barrier islands changed over time?
- How can we protect the ecosystem of the barrier islands?
- What are the beneficial functions of marshes?
- How are the low and high tides the same and different? How are tides beneficial?
- How could a large, relatively stable ecosystem change very quickly?
- How did Sherman’s march to the sea change Atlanta and Savannah?
- How did the fall of Fort Pulaski change Georgia’s coast?
- How did the end of the Jim Crow laws change life in the South?
- How can we show what we know about GA’s coastline?